Michael and Andrew are one of my favorite couples over the years. They discuss their experience planning their wedding and all the dram that comes with that.
This episode’s drinks:
Fake It Sangria!
Topics we covered:
- What it was like planning their wedding as a gay couple in Southern California
- Why they had a hard time finding an officiant
- How to let go on wedding day when you’re a control freak
- The “oh shit” moment that happens for every couple
- Why Michael and Andrew disappeared the morning of their wedding
- Why I tell all my couples “FOR-EV-ER!”
- Michael and Andrew tell their engagement story
- What changes when you get married even after you’ve been together for years
- They share how they met (I can’t tell you how many people meet at clubs!)
- How I made Michael blush
- They share how they wanted to be parents and then decided to get married
- We discuss the difficulties they had with their caterer
- The high pressure of perfect on weddings
- How Michael and Andrew feel about their dream wedding over a year later
- What they remember about their ceremony with me
- What they didn’t anticipate after the wedding
- Michael shares his stance on the family drama that happened around their wedding
- What their favorite memory of their wedding is
- The advice that they have for wedding professionals
- How they missed their honeymoon year in exchange for family life
- We commiserate on parenting little ones
- Advice to newlyweds ? pick a good honeymoon!
- What does vintage mean, y’all?!
Links to the awesome things and people mentioned:
- Alan from Simply Perfect Images
- Christina with Celebrations by CC
- Kimberly Crest
- Arrowhead DJ
- Some Crust Bakery