My premiere episode features Carla Panzera Ulloa of My Dream Ceremony, a wedding officiant and recent bride who also happens to be my best friend!
This episode’s drinks:
Lattes made with Dunkin’ Donuts awesome coffees. Marie had Pumpkin Spice and Carla had French Vanilla.
Topics we covered:
- How Carla became an officiant
- What it’s like getting married at the courthouse
- What Latino weddings in Southern California are like
- Navigating family dynamics as an independent Latina bride
- Finding a wedding venue
- How Carla decided between a DIY wedding and going with a full-service wedding venue
- The joys of having a winery wedding
- How to have a Star Wars wedding without going full Offbeat Bride
- Why Carla chose a small bridal party and didn’t have the wedding party stand up there with them
- How being crafty and DIY for your wedding can be a stress relief
- Do NOT go to meetings with your vendors hungry!
- Why you always need to build in an extra half hour to every prep appointment on wedding day
- Why you don’t tell the bride about mishaps on wedding day
- The reason it’s important to have your family in the dressing room with you at some point as you’re getting ready on wedding day
- The joy and emotion of the first look
- Don’t forget the first look with your parents!
- How being a bride changes the way a wedding vendor interacts with their couples
- Why being a Millennial helps us as wedding pros
- Carla shares her frustration with the lack of transparency and responsiveness from wedding pros
- The difference between a wedding hobbyist and a wedding pro
- Why wedding pros get frustrated when the only question is about price (even though we understand you don’t know what you don’t know!)
- I encourage you to cyberstalk your wedding pros
- It’s okay to ask for help when you’re planning your wedding!
- Why it’s so important to choose the few things that really matter to you when planning your wedding
- We show some love to our make-up artists
- Why befriending your competitors is the best approach to small business
Links to the awesome people and companies mentioned:
This podcast is sponsored by Let’s Get Married SoCal.